August 7, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
I love a good caesar salad! This is just my attempt to make the good, even better! It is literally like having a salad on a sandwich! Nothing fancy, just yumminess! And it’s so fresh with the veggies and the lemon! It took under thirty minutes to prepare, would be less if you use the tenderloins. Here’s what you’ll need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil and lemon
Lettuce, tomato and red onion
Place chicken breast between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using meat tenderizer(flat side)pound to desired thickness.(I recommend 1/2 inch. If you are using tenderloins they are fine as is.)
Warm olive oil in pan over medium heat.
- Next, season each side of chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook chicken until juices run clear.
- Toast ciabatta and slice veggies.
- Cover each side of roll with caesar and parmesan, give your chicken a generous squeeze of lemon, add veggies and chicken.
- Try not to inhale all that deliciousness in a fury!
I actually cooked the chicken on my George Foreman grill. If you have one of those or a grill pan, I would recommend that. Pan frying or in the oven, it’s all delish. I chose to use Kraft Caesar dressing and real parmesan. Not that powdery stuff. Trust me it is so much better!! You could also use any kind of roll, but to me the ciabatta tasted just like a big ole’ crouton…so it was perfect! Until next time…