August 2, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
I “invented” this recipe when I had a craving for lasagna, but didn’t have a whole evening to make a real layered lasagna. It contains all the same delicious ingredients as lasagna, but can be ready in about an hour. Not too shabby!! Here’s what you’ll need:
8-10 oz. pasta, cooked–I chose penne
approx. 48 oz. pasta sauce
16 oz. small curd cottage cheese
8 oz. package shredded mozzarella, divided
1/2 cup parmesan, divided
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper
1. Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.
2. Preheat oven to 425.
3. Cook sauce on medium until warm.
4. Mix cottage cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, half of both mozzarella and parmesan, salt and pepper per taste.(The remainder of the mozzarella and parmesan will be used to top casserole.)
5. After pasta and sauce are warm, combine and stir until completely mixed.
6. Spray casserole dish and pour in half of pasta and sauce, next smooth cheese and spices over pasta, add rest of pasta mixture and top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly! 😛
This recipe is super versatile! Use any pasta your family likes; rotini, spaghetti or elbows. Make your own sauce, use my recipe–Pasketti. | Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY–or buy your favorite jarred brand. I personally like Bertolli best. Swap the cheese-try ricotta and provolone! Also I went pretty heavy on the cottage cheese because we love it, but feel free to use less if needed!! Happy eating and happy weekend! 😀