July 31, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
I’ve informed you before that I am a self appointed cookie connoisseur. I like chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, I’m not picky. These cookies…oh my, these cookies are simply ah-mazing, maybe my favorite EVER. Sweet and fresh and lemony and chewy. The perfect cookie in my opinion! I adapted them from a recipe I found on…yep you guessed it, Pinterest. The original recipe was for an Orange Creamsicle Cookie and it was also delicious!! I will attach the original link at the bottom of this post. Here’s what you’ll need for my adaptation:
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice of one lemon
2 1/2 cups, plus one tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon zest, about two lemons
1 1/2 – 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Very lightly spray cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Next add egg, vanilla and lemon juice and beat on low just until smooth.
- In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Next slowly add flour mixture a 1/2 cup at a time to butter mixture until batter is completely combined.
- Now stir in lemon zest and white chocolate chips.
- Place teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
Be sure when zesting your lemon to not get the white part of the rind. It is bitter! Eww! And if your lemon is not giving up the juice, try zapping it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, that usually helps!!
Try not to eat all of them all in one sitting!! 😀
Here’s the original recipe–Orange Creamsicle Cookies | The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Give this recipe a try too: