February 26, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
I am proud to introduce another delicious crockpot recipe!! Fajitas. It is everything a fajita should be–spicy, yummy and versatile. AND everything a crockpot dinner should be–EASY!! This one will become a staple here in our house! Add a side of black beans or rice and this fiesta is complete!! 🙂 Here’s what you’ll need:
1 green pepper
1 tsp cilantro
Juice of one lime
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 pckg of fajita seasoning
2 chicken breasts
6 oz shrimp
tortillas, cheese, jalapenos, plain greek yogurt, lime
- Julienne veggies and add to crockpot.
- Add juice of lime, cilantro, tomatoes and half of fajita seasoning to slow cooker, stir ingredients.
- Saute chicken breasts for two minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place whole chicken breasts on top of veggies and sprinkle with remaining fajita seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Just before you are ready to eat, add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred/chop, return to crockpot.
- Warm tortillas, top fajitas with a squeeze of lime, cheese, plain greek yogurt and jalapenos AND dinner is served.
This dish had amazing flavor!!! Use tomatoes with chiles or add a few jalapenos to crockpot for extra spice!! Include steak for the ultimate fajita! Yum!
If you liked this recipe, take a peek at my other crockpot recipes.