February 1, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
YEAH for Superbowl!!! We love game day food! And today I’m going to share three of our favorite recipes. The first is a recipe from my mother-in-law, Veggie Pizza! It is one of the hub’s favorite. Bratwurst Bites, a twist on pigs in a blanket. And lastly Mini Baked Potato Poppers. I love regular potato skins so much, but I need to not feel so guilty about eating them!!
1 package of low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup cucumber, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups broccoli, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups cauliflower, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup carrot, shredded
1/8 cup red onion, diced
1/4 tsp dill
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp of ranch
1/2 tbsp parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll crescent dough out flatly onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet, pat seams together.
- Bake according to directions or until lightly browned.
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber and onion and grate carrot.
- In a bowl beat cream cheese, dill, garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Smooth cream cheese mixture onto cooled crescent roll dough.
- Top with veggies and share!! 🙂
You could change it up by adding tomatoes, mushrooms or fresh spinach.
Loaded Baked Potato Bites
3 cups of frozen southern style hash browns
1 1/2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese
6 pieces of bacon
Plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Spray muffin pan and fill each cup with frozen potatoes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, broil on low for 5-10 minutes until brown.
- Fry 6 pieces of bacon, drain on paper towel.
- Remove pan from oven and cover each potato bite with cheese.
- Add yogurt, onion and bacon.
- Devour!! 🙂
1 bottle of beer/water
2 packages of crescent rolls
1 can of sauerkraut, drained
- Pour enough beer/water in pan to cover bratwurst.
- Boil brats for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove brats from pot and cool.
- Open crescent rolls, unroll and cut each into two pieces.
- Cut brats into 32 pieces.
- Place one piece of brat and spoonful of sauerkraut onto crescent roll, pinch all sides and roll into ball.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Dip in spicy mustard and dig in!! 🙂