January 31, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
As I was redoing my room, I remembered seeing on Pinterest a few pretty ways to display earrings and such!! There was empty wall space above our chest of drawers that needed to be filled and so I went for it! These projects are super easy, quickly done and inexpensive. You can’t beat that!
You will need that hot glue gun we talked about the other day! 🙂
Open frame, mine was white, $15 on sale
Lace, measured according to frame size, $2
Acrylic paint, $1
Command strips, $3
- Paint frame your choice of color, let dry.
- Cut lace into appropriately sized strips and hot glue onto back of frame.
- Attach command strips to each side.
- Make sure paint/glue is completely dry and command strips are attached securely.
- Hang on the wall and place earrings carefully onto lace.
- Admire your work!! 🙂
CANVAS EARRING HOLDER
11 x 13 white canvas, $5 for pack of two
wooden decal, $2 for pack of two
acrylic paint, $1
Command strips, $3
- Paint front and sides of canvas your choice of color, let dry completely.
- Cut ribbon so it wraps around the back of the canvas and hot glue.
- Paint wooden decal, let dry.
- Glue the ribbon on the front side of the canvas as well, being sure to only glue the lower half so earrings have room to hang on the top portion of ribbon.
- Glue decal onto canvas.
- Attach command strips, hang on wall and place earrings on ribbon.
Small round wooden plaque, $2
1 medium candlestick, $4 for a pack of 5
1 large candlestick, $2
finial, $3 for a pack of 3
- Paint all pieces accordingly.
- After all parts are dry, glue large candlestick to top side of plaque.
- Glue medium candlestick onto large candlestick.
- Finally glue finial onto top of medium candlestick.
You could always use chicken wire on the yellow frame or add hooks to the canvas for necklaces. These are really simple projects as you can see in the directions! All of these materials were purchased at Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart.
There are many more ideas on Pinterest! Good luck!!