January 30, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
Oatmeal raisin cookies are so underrated!! You people love your chocolate chip and peanut butter…to each his own, I suppose. Me?? Well I will never turn away a cookie! If I do, get me to a DR. pronto!! 🙂 This oatmeal raisin cookie has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. My cousin, Amy would make them ALL the time. They are soft and chewy, NOT crunchy(which in my humble opinion is a terrible thing to do to a cookie!). There are no crazy ingredients and they are foolproof! Here’s what you’ll need:
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups oats
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly spray cookie sheet.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and add in 1/2 cup at a time until mixture is well combined.
- Fold in oats and add as many raisins as you want! We LOVE raisins so we did about 2/3 cup.
- Spoon teaspoonfuls onto sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes.
If your batter seems dry you can add just a teaspoon of water or so. Store in airtight container. If your cookies become too crunchy, put a couple pieces of bread in the container. They will soften within a matter of hours!! 🙂 Happy cookie eating!