January 8, 2013 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
Having “breakfast” for dinner is one of our favorite weeknight meals. The kids’ always eat good and it’s usually fairly easy to throw something together. This is one of my go to dishes! Just a few ingredients and a little while later breakfast..I mean dinner is on the table! 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 package crescent roll dough
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
5 pieces of bacon
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 – 2 cups colby jack and mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls flat along bottom of pan.
- Cook sausage and bacon accordingly, draining on a paper towel.
- Beat eggs, milk, spices and cheese in bowl.
- Sprinkle sausage and bacon on top of crescent rolls.
- Pour egg mixture on top meat and rolls, making sure it is evenly spread over entire pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe makes enough for dinner and leftovers!! Zap in the microwave or toaster oven before work and you have a yummy breakfast!!
Want to add some veggies? Spinach, onion and mushroom would be delish. Sprinkle with chopped green onions or top with salsa for a kick.
Until next time…