November 30, 2012 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
I got this recipe from a friend. Who got it from her momma. They are two smart ladies, so I should have known this dinner was going to be delish. It’s a super simple anytime meal. Chicken spaghetti. It has six ingredients. AND is on your table in about an hour. Can it get any easier? Not really. And it doesn’t get any tastier either. Here’s what you’ll need:
2-4 chicken breasts, depending on how “chickeny” you want it…yep that’s a made up word. 🙂
1 package whole wheat spaghetti
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chiles, for a milder version use fire roasted or diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. jar of Cheez Whiz
6 oz. shredded cheddar/colby jack cheese
salt and pepper
- Bake or boil chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Combine tomatoes, soup, cheez whiz and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred chicken and drain noodles.
- Mix all ingredients together and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cover with shredded cheese and bake for additional 15-20 minutes until bubbly and brown.
You could prepare this dish on the weekend, stick it in the fridge and bake during the week. Also I made this last night and substituted left over turkey for chicken. Just as tasty and I finally used up my leftover Thanksgiving bird! Special thanks to my bestie Mindy and her mom Lori for introducing me to this fantastic casserole! ❤