November 16, 2012 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
“Please do crock pot recipes.” That’s the statement I’ve heard most from my friends regarding this blog. I’ve never been a big crock pot user. I’m not sure why, maybe because I enjoy the process of preparing my food so much?! It is weirdly therapeutic for me. I love to chop and saute and measure. And it seems using a crock pot would take away my favorite part of cooking. Ironically though that’s the beauty of the crock pot to most people. There is usually little prep work needed, just combine ingredients, turn it on and voila. And trust me, this is not your regular old beef stroganoff!! So here’s what you’ll need:
1-2 lb stew meat cut into 1 inch pieces
1-10.5 oz can of golden mushroom soup
1-10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup ketchup
1 pckg of dried onion soup mix
1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp pepper
6-8 oz of plain greek yogurt or sour cream
1-12 oz package of whole wheat egg noodles
Small can of mushrooms-optional
- Put beef, soup, broth, diced onions, onion soup mix, ketchup, soy sauce, worcestershire and pepper into crock pot.
- Turn on and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Turn off crock pot and begin to boil water for noodles.
- Add greek yogurt(don’t scoff until you try it, it’s delicious and creamy and so much better for you), sour cream or a combination of both and mushrooms if you wish.
- After noodles are done, drain and add to crock pot mixture. Let the noodles simmer in the beefy goodness for about 5-10 minutes.
Let me tell you, this beef stroganoff recipe may have swayed my opinion. It is delicious!! Do you hear me? DELICIOUS!! And I’ll admit, you girls may be onto something with this whole crock pot phenomenon!! 😉
Until next time my friends.