November 9, 2012 by Piece of Pie and a Dash of DIY
Happy Friday y’all.
You are going to love me!! This was a huge hit in our house. We munched on it while watching “Madasgascar 3”, which by the way is such a cute movie! My hubby and I were laughing right along with the kids. This recipe is EASY, but can be a little messy…you won’t care after you taste it. PROMISE! Here’s what you’ll need:
Smores Snack Mix
2 cups Golden Grahams
1 cup mini marshamallows, more if you want 🙂
- Spread Golden Grahams on cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate chips about 20-30 seconds at a time so as not to scorch them. This will probably take at least 1 1/2 minutes. Be sure to stir each time.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over cereal .
- Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Put in refridgerator(or freezer if you are impatient like us) for about 20 minutes .
- After chocolate is cooled break apart into smaller pieces.
- Try not to eat all at once. 😀 Store leftovers in container. Ours was gone before it had a chance to become stale.
One little tip, if you feel like your chocolate chips are globby even after you’ve microwaved them several times, add a 1/2 tsp of butter and microwave for a few more seconds. This should make it “melty” enough to drizzle!!
Wanna make it salty and sweet? Add some pretzel sticks!
Until next time my friends.